Increasing numbers of GPs are seeking a portfolio career in medicine and we’re here to support you from the very start of your journey. Whether you’re a newly qualified GP, have been working for some time, or simply carry out the occasional extra session, for a fixed annual fee Moore Scarrott Healthcare will guide you through the necessary administration while prioritising your maximum earning efficiency.
How we can help:
- Annual locum accounts
- Personal tax return and advice on the tax implications of setting up as a locum, including the timing of early tax charges
- Advice on the expenses you can claim for the best tax effect
- Dealing with the NHS pensions agency as required and advice on the completion of the Locum A and B forms that are vital to ensuring your income is being accurately pensioned
- Your options with regard to the pension scheme, optimum amounts to pension and potential structures such as the use of limited companies
- Advice on the offers of partnership or other medical roles; the financial effect, likely drawings or take home pay
- Advice on the use of software to record your earnings
Doctors with salaried positions often assume that all of their tax and financial requirements are dealt with under the PAYE system. While this may be the case for some, if you have additional work, have further expenses to claim, or need to report other repayments (such as child benefit) you are likely to benefit from a trusted adviser.
We also assist with the completion of the annual Type 2 forms that all salaried GPs are required by law to complete and are fundamental to the accuracy of your pension contributions. Practices use an inappropriate contribution tier surprisingly frequently and we have an excellent track record of obtaining significant refunds for our salaried doctor clients.
We work with medical professionals all over the UK, so to find out how we can help you, contact us for a free consultation at your convenience.
Sign up for our newsletter
Developed by our team of experts, the Moore Scarrott Healthcare newsletter keeps you informed with the latest news and insights impacting the financial landscape of the medical sector.