We are urgently seeking talented individuals to be our new AAT Apprentices within our Rural Accounts Team based in our Taunton office.
For our Aug/Sep 2021 intake, we are also looking for 2 further AAT Apprentices.
Moore Scarrott Chartered Accountants offer a friendly, approachable and supportive training environment within a platinum approved training practice. You will be assigned a training mentor for the duration of the programme and will have the opportunity to work with a range of clients.
We will cover all the costs towards your training programme, giving you a debt-free route to a professional qualification.
Your career with Moore Scarrott continues after you have successfully achieved your AAT qualification with the opportunity to progress onto the ACCA/ACA qualification.
As a trainee you will be undertaking, assisting and learning how to:
- Prepare period end financial statements for companies, partnerships, sole traders and LLP’s
- Prepare period end tax returns including corporation tax, partnership and personal tax
- Bookkeeping and VAT reporting
- Develop knowledge of various accounting software packages and keeping up to date with various packages
- Direct client interaction to ensure accounts are finalised in a timely manner
- Liaise with H M Revenue & Customs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s including maths
- An interest in the financial and accountancy sector, evidenced by prior work experience, extended reading or other relevant experiences
- A high standard of ethics, both professional and personal
- Keen to work in an individual performance driven business (and be awarded accordingly)
- Able to work well in a successful and busy team
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A desire to learn and develop
- General IT proficiency
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, for the right candidate this position will offer:
- Salary reviews every 6 months
- Fully funded training/qualification
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Starting entitlement of 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Purchase additional holiday scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Client referral programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension plan
- Life assurance
- Free parking
Moore Scarrott believes strongly in personal growth and in rewarding their trainees for their individual performance and hitting study targets, therefore you will find our salaries are above the recommended apprentice salary rates.
Only applications in the form of a CV, together with a covering letter and successful Indeed Skills Test/Assessment will be considered.
Apply for this post
Sign up for our newsletter
Developed by our team of experts, the Moore Scarrott Healthcare newsletter keeps you informed with the latest news and insights impacting the financial landscape of the medical sector.