As a trainee, you will service a variety of clients throughout various sectors, whilst working towards a technician qualification from one of the UK’s leading accountancy technician bodies, the AAT, the ACCA or the ICAEW. With excellent training and guidance from an exceptional team, you will gain experience and develop skills in a broad array of accounting activities.
At Moore Scarrott we ensure that our trainees are not only gaining the technical knowledge required to qualify as an accountant, but are also developing interpersonal skills, commercial awareness, presentation skills and ethical awareness. We believe that this combination of theoretical, practical and personal skills helps to create an accountant who can be truly effective in today’s market and, ultimately, be the kind of accountant we want to have working with us, supporting our clients.
We are seeking candidates who will excel within our business, using innovative thinking and entrepreneurial minds to build on our successes. The successful applicant will be passionate about their career and possess a real keenness to learn and progress.
Subject to where you are on your training journey, we are also able to offer continued study and support towards the next levels of study. Depending on career intentions, there is also the option of undertaking the specialist CTA taxation examination, which a number of our team have progressed towards.
Moore Scarrott is led by a dynamic team of partners and is a business that describes itself as truly obsessive about excellent client service. It is a place where staff at all levels are expected to have first class skills in serving clients, pre-empting their needs and being truly creative in helping them and overall exceeding their expectations. We are looking to continue our ambitious growth into the future, both in existing specialties and also in new areas.
Role & Responsibilities
- As a new trainee of Moore Scarrott you will be undertaking, assisting and learning in detail how to:
- Prepare period end financial statements for companies, partnerships, sole traders and LLP’s.
- Prepare period end tax returns including corporation tax, partnership and personal tax.
- Bookkeeping and VAT reporting.
- Develop knowledge of various accounting software packages and keeping up to date with various packages.
- Direct client interaction to ensure accounts are finalised in a timely manner.
- Liaise with H M Revenue & Customs.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s including maths
- An interest in the financial and accountancy sector, evidenced by prior work experience, extended reading or other relevant experiences
- A high standard of ethics, both professional and personal
- Keen to work in an individual performance driven business (and be awarded accordingly)
- Able to work well in a successful and busy team
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- A desire to learn and develop
- General IT proficiency
- AAT Level 2 and above, whilst not essential, would be viewed favourably
Salary & Benefits
Moore Scarrott believes in a culture where strong performance is recognised and rewarded, and as such, reviews the performance and salaries of trainees every 6 months. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer discretionary performance bonuses, financial support through study periods covering all costs toward examinations including tuition/revision courses, registration fees, study materials and examination entry fees, time off for study, exams and revision courses, contributions to a pension scheme, death in service benefit and a range of other flexible benefits.
Only applications in the form of a CV, together with a covering letter will be considered.
Apply for this post
Sign up for our newsletter
Developed by our team of experts, the Moore Scarrott Healthcare newsletter keeps you informed with the latest news and insights impacting the financial landscape of the medical sector.