Due to our continued success and growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, motivated and dynamic Qualified Accountant to join the Accounts Team of this long established and well regarded South West firm of Chartered Accountants.
We are seeking ICAEW part qualified, ACCA part-qualified or an AAT level 4 trainee for the position in our Taunton office. The successful candidate would have the opportunity to study at an ACCA platinum approved training practice, which provides full financial study support, an in-house mentoring system and assists in the development of essential soft skills and commercial awareness.
For those who might be entering the ACCA or ICAEW at a later stage in your career, we would be looking to push you to develop the knowledge you have gained in your AAT’s and to help you to develop those all-important practical skills which will complement your technical knowledge.
If you were to join us, you would not only find that you would gain the technical knowledge required to qualify as an accountant but also develop your commercial awareness, your presentation skills and your ethical awareness. We believe that this combination of theoretical, practical and personal skill helps to create an accountant who can be truly effective in today’s market.
We are seeking candidates who will excel within our business, using innovative thinking and entrepreneurial minds to build on our successes. We require candidates to possess excellent communication skills, a high level of professionalism and intelligent, inquisitive minds.
The successful candidate will be required to produce full accounts for review by, and reporting to, a qualified individual and to have knowledge of completing and submitting tax returns and VAT returns. They will also be responsible for supporting the training of our AAT Level 3 and 4 trainees.
The successful candidate will require a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a practice environment, thrive on variety and working in a busy team and have previously used a computerised accounting software. In return, for the right applicant, the firm offers an environment where strong performance is recognised and rewarded financially, and also a real prospect of developing and growing their career in a wide range of exciting directions in the future.
Role & Responsibilities
• Preparation of accounts files, for review by manager.
• Production of tax returns and VAT returns.
• To proactively bring matters to the attention of the managers
• To deliver excellent client service
• To organise own time and workload
Key Person Requirements
• ICAEW part qualified, ACCA part-qualified or hold an AAT level 4
• Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills are essential
• 2 years’ experience working in a practice environment
• Previous experience of supervising employees would be desired though not essential
• A desire to learn and develop, with a passion for accountancy
• IT Literate including Microsoft packages
• Previous experience of computerised accounting software is essential, preferably Sage.
• A high standard of ethics, both professional and personal
• Hard working, and willing to work flexibly
• Able to work well in a successful and busy team
Moore Scarrott believes in a culture where strong performance is recognised and rewarded, and as such reviews the performance and salaries of trainees every 6 months, and in addition to a competitive salary, also offers discretionary performance bonuses, financial support through study periods, contributions to a pension scheme, death in service benefits, and a range of other flexible benefits.
• Pension Scheme
• Free parking
• Cycle to work scheme
• Flu Vaccines
• Regular Social events
• Free eye tests
• Paid Sick Leave
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Private medical cover
• Holiday Purchase Scheme
• Discretionary performance bonus
• Holiday Entitlement of 33 days per year including Bank Holidays
• Payment of professional memberships
Apply for this post
Sign up for our newsletter
Developed by our team of experts, the Moore Scarrott Healthcare newsletter keeps you informed with the latest news and insights impacting the financial landscape of the medical sector.